As of January 2016 I decided to release my music under the Creative Commons License. Legitimately free music for online content is hard to come by. I have been writting music for years and even posted to many music websites. When I started my Woodwork youtube channel I used my own music to avoid any copyright issues. The following year after recieving querries and questions about the music used and where I got it from I decided torelease it for the greater community to use.
This free, The only thing we ask in return is that you attribute the work to us in the description of your videos, show notes of your podcast or anywhere else that would seem acceptable. Music is a great way to add a little extra spice to your videos, podcasts and other online media content. It can enrich the viewers experience. True "Royality Free" and "Free" (as in money free) music is getting more difficult to find, so I decided to give back to the community something that I can offer which is true royality free music. I hope you enjoy the music and find it useful and add some value to your projects.
I have a unquie style of music. Some of the websites I use to host my music on gave me my own genre HawkNoise... (I use to call all my older stuff "Noise.")
You are free to:
Share - copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
Adapt - remix, transform, and build upon the material.
Can be used for any purpose, even commercially. ie; use on a DVD that you sell, ie; the menu music. or music in your actual video.
You can not:
- You may not sell the music tracks as a item or as part of a bundle, ie you may not sell the music on a music album.
- You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything this license permits.
- You can not say the music is yours or that you wrote it or own it.
- You may not suggests the licensor endorses you or your use, or your product.
- You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- On youtube a link in the desription to the music page.
- On a DVD a mention in the credits